Crushed Cucumber Raita w/Tikka
SERVINGS : 4 - PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES -
This is a quick and easy way to add a savory note of freshness to any meal. The cool and fresh properties of the cucumber combined with the creaminess of the yogurt paired with the citrusy-peppery hints of the cilantro.... ahhhh it's a heavenly combination. Give it a try!
Sour Cream (optional)
Salt to taste
- Cut and smash cucumber
- Salt cucumber and let it rest for about 15 minutes
- In the mean time, slice onion lengthtwise and tear cilantro leaves (we also like to mince the stems because it adds an incredible amount of flavor)
- Optional: add Thai green chile and mint
- In a separate bowl, season yogurt with Tikka seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, and a good squeeze of lemon juice
- Mix everything together and enjoy!