Crispy Tikka Tofu Tacos
Crispy Tikka Tofu Tacos
SERVINGS : 8 Tacos - COOK TIME : 30 MINUTES
Anjali from @vegetariangastronomy is one of our good friends. She recently came up with an amazing Crispy Tikka Tofu Taco recipe (try saying that 3 times in a row!) and we couldn't be more impressed with her creativity. Everyone loves tacos and these are vegan and guilt free so, give them a try!
For the Tacos:
2 1/2 cup mixed bell peppers, thinly sliced and halved
1 1/2 cup red onions, thinly sliced and quartered
2 1/2 teasp Spicemode Tikka Seasoning
1/4 teasp salt
2 teasp cooking oil
Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped (for garnish)
For the Tofu:
7 oz. Firm Tofu (half of a 14-oz block)
1 tbsp Spicemode Tikka Seasoning
1 tbsp corn starch
For the Chilifire Crema:
1 cup cashews soaked for 3-4 hours
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp water
2 teasp Spicemode Chilifire Seasoning
5 teasp fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teasp apple cider vinegar
1/2 teasp salt
To Prepare the Tofu:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the block of tofu into 1/2-3/4" cubes.
Toss the tofu cubes with 1 tbsp Tikka Seasoning ext toss the seasoned tofu cubes with 1 tbsp corn starch (this step works best if you use your hands).
- Arrange the seasoned tofu cubes in a single layer on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy. Continue onto prepping the rest of the recipe while tofu bakes to save time.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
To Prepare the Chilifire Crema:
Place all the ingredients listed above for 'Chilifire Crema' in a high power blender. If you're using a non-high power blender, it'll still work well but just be sure that the cashews have been soaking for 3-4 hours to ensure a creamy sauce.
- Blend until completely smooth. Adjust the amount of salt, lemon juice, or Spicemode Chilifire Seasoning if needed. Place in the fridge to cool completely until you're ready to serve the tacos.
To Prepare the Tacos:
Heat 2 teasp cooking oil in large non-stick-pan medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced red onions and bell peppers and saute on medium-high heat, mixing frequently, until cooked and slightly charred.
- At this point, the tofu should be done (if not, turn heat off the pan and wait).
- Once the tofu is baked and crispy, remove from the oven and add it to the sauteed onion and pepper mixture.
- Combine and saute together on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Adjust the amount of salt if needed.
- Grill corn tortilla on both sides. Add a generous layer of the tofu-onion-pepper mixture in the center, followed by the cooled creamy Chilifire Crema. Garnish with some freshly chopped cilantro and serve!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.