Red Lentil Curry & Rice Bowl
Few things are better for us than seeing our friend make delicious meals with our products. This recipe by @theyummyplant is as nutritious as it is comforting. The perfect fall/winter bowl to keep you full and happy.
3 tbsp Curry Seasoning
1 cup(192 grams) dry Red Lentils, rinsed and drained
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced Ginger
6 tbsp Tomato Paste
1/2 Cup of Carrots cut into small cubes
1 medium Tomato, diced
3 Cups of Water
2 Tbsp Full Fat Coconut Milk (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Chopped fresh Cilantro for garnish
- Sauté onions and ginger in a non-stick pan over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Stir frequently and add tiny amount of water to the pan every minute.
- Add Curry Seasoning and carrots. Saute in the same way for another 3 minutes
- Add lentils, dices tomato, tomato paste, salt pepper and water
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Then reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 25 minutes or until lentils are cooked.
- Stir in coconut milk and let simmer for 2 minutes. Save a litlle bit f to use as topping)
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice.