Curried Pan Roasted Potatoes
Potatoes are the perfect vegetable because it can be cooked in so many different ways. Pan roasting is a great technique to learn on those days when you do not feel like to pre-heating the oven. The technique require a little bit of patience to make sure the potatoes are cooked through. The prep could not be simpler, all the flavor is in the jar. Use any combination of Spicemode you have on hand, it will all taste amazing.
• 1 tbsp Haldi Masala
• 1 tbsp Smoky Tandoor
• 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
• Ghee or Oil
- Add oil or ghee to the bottom of a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once oil shimmers add the diced potatoes. Toss to coat the potatoes in the oil. Season with salt.
- Cook for a couple minutes until the bottom potatoes are starting to brown. Then add the Haldi Masala and Smoky Tandoor. Toss to combine.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Check the potatoes every 5 minutes and toss. Let the moisture on the lid drip back into the pan when uncovering. Lower heat if the spices are starting to burn.
- Once the potatoes are tender add 1/4 cup of water to the pan, cover and continue to cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Click here to watch the video