Chicken & Chickpea Curry
The combination of Magic Masala chickpeas, bone-in chicken and yogurt, turns this homestyle curry into a satisfying one pot meal, perfect for a weeknight dinner for the whole family.
1 Jar Magic Masala
1 Onion, Chopped
6 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
2 Lbs of Bone-in, Skinless Chicken Thighs
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 Cans of Chickpeas, 1 can drained
1 Cup of Yogurt
- Add a splash of oil to a dutch oven over medium high heat. Add chopped onion, garlic and sauté until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook for a couple minutes, until darkened.
- Add chicken thighs, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add Magic Masala curry sauce, stir to combine and continue to cook, over medium heat, for 3 minutes. Add 1 can of drained beans and another of chickpeas with the liquid in the can, along with the yogurt, stir to combine.
- Raise heat until there is a slow simmer then cover and transfer to a 365 degree oven (or keep on a low flame).
- Check pot after 10 minutes to make sure there are bubble, if no raise heat or oven temp by 15 degrees.
- Braise for 35-45 minutes, until chicken is tender and falling off the bone and the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and enjoy with rice or naan.