Kidney Beans (Rajma)
A simple one pot preparation that works as a meal or a side dish. Serve over rice or roti along with seasoned yogurt. The flavors of ginger, garlic and garam masala add a wonderful warmth to the beans for a meal that is both hearty and comforting.
1/2 Jar Masala Cooking Sauce
2 Cans of Red Kidney Beans, drained (save 1 cup of liquid)
1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- Drain and rinse beans and set aside. In a medium size pot add a splash of oil and chopped onions. Saute for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add 1/2 jar of Masala Cooking Sauce and cook for a minute until fragrant and warm.
- Add beans and stir until nicely combined. Add a 1 cup of water, and 1/2 cup of bean liquid, and bring to simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes until all the flavors combine.
- Use spatula to smash a couple spoonfuls of beans to thicken the gravy.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro + scallions.