Golden Cauliflower Curry
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 3” piece of ginger peeled
- 3–4 Thai chili peppers trimmed, optional
- 1½ tablespoons Golden Curry powder or Garam Masala
- 1 head cauliflower cored and cut into florets
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly minced cilantro
- Cooked basmati rice
- Prepare the ginger : Place the peeled ginger in a food processor. If using Thai chili peppers, add them to the food processor. Pulse until minced. Scrape the ginger and peppers from the processor and transfer to a bowl.
- Cook the aromatics: Heat the oil in a wide pot over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and cook until it’s translucent about 5–6 minutes. Then, add the minced ginger and Thai chili peppers (if using) and cook an additional minute or two.
- Cook the cauliflower: Add the cauliflower to the aromatics and cook until it begins to brown around the edges, about 6–7 minutes. Season it liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add the Garam Masala or Curry Powder and toss to coat the cauliflower in the spices. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Simmer the curry: Add 3 cups of water. Bring it to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Serve the cauliflower curry with cooked basmati rice and freshly minced cilantro, if you like. Enjoy