Crushed Cucumber Raita w/Tikka
This is a quick and easy way to add a savory note of freshness to any meal. The cool and refreshing cucumber combined with the creaminess of the yogurt paired with the citrusy-peppery hints of the Savory Tikka is a heavenly combination. Give it a try!
1 tbsp Savory Tikka Seasoning
1 English Cucumber
1/2 Red or White Onion, sliced
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
1 cup Greek Yogurt
Thai Green Chile (optional)
Fresh Mint (optional)
1/2 Lemon, squeezed
Salt & Black Pepper
- Cut the cucumber in half, then smash with a rolling pin or heavy bottom pot. The cucumber will split and crack.
- Chop the cucumber into bite size pieces, add a teaspoon of salt, mix and let it rest for about 15 minutes to allow the water to run out.
- In the mean time, thinly slice the red onion, chop cilantro leaves and stems, along with the Thai Green chili and fresh mint.
- In a separate bowl, season yogurt with Savory Tikka seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, and lemon juice.
- Drain the cucumber and squeeze out the excess water.
- Add everything to a bowl, mix together, adjust the seasoning and enjoy!