Chicken Biryani w/ Masala
This is a Spicemode version of chicken pilaf/biryani using a combination of our seasonings & sauces. One pot meals are the perfect solution to those days where you don't want to dirty too many pans and also a quick way to feed multiple people a filling meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
1 jar Masala Cooking Sauce
2 tbsp Tandoor Seasoning
1 tbsp Curry Seasoning
2 lbs chicken thighs
1 large onion
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup jasmine or basmati rice
- Sear chicken tights in pot with Smoky Tandoor seasoning
- Slice onions and add to to pot with chicken
- Add tomato paste, jar of Magic Masala sauce, Golden Curry seasoning and cook for a few minutes.
- Add washed rice and combine all the ingredients until rice is nicely coated
- Add 2 cups water or stock, bring to simmer then cover and put in 325 degree oven for 35 minutes. Or cook on stovetop covered for 30 minutes, until the water is absorbed and chicken is cooked.
- Add a handful of peas at the end of cooking.