Lentil Madras Curry
The Gentle Lentil
Lentil Madras Curry (Vegan)
Lentils! A nutritious and certainly underrated ingredient that rarely gets the attention it deserves. Rich, robust and full of protein, it's time these firm legumes take the center stage. This recipe by Dietitian Debbie teaches you how to make the perfect curry taste delicious! no meat needed!
1/2 Jar Madras Sauce
1 Cup Red Lentils, Rinsed
1 Can Stewed Tomatos
1 Eggplant cut into 1/4" Pieces
1 Onion, Chopped
3 Cups Fresh Spinach
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Can Coconut Milk
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt, place on a colander and set aside.
- In a large stock pan, melt coconut oil,then add onion and cook until translucent. This will take about 5 minutes. Then add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add Madras sauce, coconut milk, tomatoes and lentils. Then stir to combine.
- Rinse eggplant and add to the pot, let simmer for 25-30 minutes until lentils are tender. Then add spinach and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve over rice or your favorite grain.