The addition of chickpeas and bone-in chicken and yogurt turns this homestyle curry into a satisfying one pot meal with a delicious sauce, perfect for a weeknight dinner for the family.
1. Add a couple tablespoons of oil to a dutch oven over medium high heat. Add chopped onion, garlic and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes.
2. Add tomato paste and stir to combine with onions and garlic. Cook for a couple more minutes until the paste begins to darken.
3. Add Chicken to the pot, season with salt and pepper, then combine with aromatics. Saute for a couple more minutes.
4. Add Masala Cooking sauce, stir until well coated, continue to cook, lower heat if sauce gets to dry.
5. Add cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas to the pot, stir to combine and enjoy the aromas
6. Add yogurt, stir to combine, raise heat until there is a slow simmer.
7. Cover and transfer to oven and cook for 35-45 minutes, until chicken is tender and falling off the bone.